Easy Way to Add Bra Cups to a Formal Gown

Sep 20, 2022


Hello everyone! Sometimes bridesmaid gowns come with cups, but they are usually on the thinner side. This is a super easy tutorial on how to add fuller cups to the existing ones without removing the original cups. I didn't find it necessary to remove the existing cups because they were still useful for adding a little more fullness, without overdoing it.  


Here are more pics at the wedding.  Mel is here with her sister Blaire to the left and directly below is the wedding party.  A big thank you to Blaire for sending me these beautiful photos!




Next are two more pics on my dress form of the completed gown with the cups. 







The following pics are all on how I installed them in -  super easy.



While the dress was on, the cups were pinned in the best place that worked.




I also marked my area with safety pins.  In the end, I didn't need to do this because I used the existing cups as my guide.



I turned the gown inside out to expose the inner workings.  I needed total access to the original bra cups inside.




Here are the existing cups underneath.


I had some padded push up cups on hand that I thought would be a perfect fit.  Since they are a triangle shape,  they worked great for the top of this gown. 




I stitched by hand the new cup to the existing cup. I stitched on the seam allowance as shown.  I stitched on the top of the cup and the bottom.



Almost finished, getting ready to make my knot.



Here are the new cups on top of the existing ones. 


Here's the close up of the stitching.  This method does not add too much bulk because the existing cups are very thin.  It adds just the right amount of fullness. 

I hope you found this tutorial easy and helpful! Thanks for stopping by!

๐Ÿ˜‰✂๐Ÿงต๐Ÿ’–


Post a Comment