How To Hem a Chiffon Gown the Easy Way

May 26, 2022






My before and after shots of the gown....


Hi Everyone!  

This video was from my previous YouTube channel Diana Marie Sews.  I no longer have the channel, however I moved all my videos to my Facebook page.  Click on the video below to view:

Facebook Watch Video



In this video tutorial, I'll show you an easy way to hem a chiffon gown.

This is essentially broken down in 4 easy steps:

1. Mark hem
2. Sew 1st seam
3. Cut excess fabric
4. Sew final hem

My client brought me this beautiful Morilee gown to hem and take in the bodice. I only created the video tutorial for the hem. This gown had 3 layers - chiffon and 2 linings. 

I'll show you how I measured and marked the hem using a quick sketch walking you through my method. Next, I demonstrate a close up on scrap fabric how I marked and stitched the hem. After my demo, the full tutorial on the gown is shown.

I hope you enjoy my video! Thanks for watching and have a great day!

Post a Comment