Elizabeth’s Rose Gold Gown + Tutorial

May 23, 2022


Here is my first cousin, Elizabeth, in her beautiful rose gold gown for prom.  I love all the pics my cousin Nicole sent me, I ended up using all of them!  Elizabeth’s gown only needed to be hemmed and I made a minor repair at the top.  A few stitches holding the fabric and lining together came apart and I hand stitched them up.

This fabric was a semi thick stretch jersey.  I used my twin needle to make the stretch stitch.  No serger was needed for this since a regular sewing machine can do the same kind of stitch.













Ready to pin up!


I pinned upward this time.  Since the fabric was on the thick side, it made it possible to do this.


I laid out the gown flat on the carpet.


I turned in over right side facing up. I then placed straight pins to keep the extra fabric in place.


Here's another look at it from a distance.


This is a close up of the edge of the slit opening. I wanted to make sure they were even lengths.


I used my twin needle to stitch right side up. 


I cut the excess fabric off close to the stitching. If you can see up close, the twin needle stitch makes a nice stretch stitch. I always thought of getting a serger for something like this, but it's not needed since my regular machine can do the same stretch stitch.

I hope you enjoyed this post, thanks for visiting! 🧵 🧷👗😄






Post a Comment